This resource is designed to encourage your progress through the season on an episode-by-episode basis. If you find yourself stuck at any point in an episode, you can access that episode’s Hints, Reveals, and Solutions page to get back on track.
How To Use
Select the episode number you’re working on (found on your box’s inventory card)
Use the password from your inventory card to gain access.
Select an item to display a drop-down box that has info about only that item.
“HINT” items help you crack a code or puzzle.
“REVEAL” items are the solutions to those codes or puzzles.
Keep in mind, the Hunt A Killer game has layers. These episode recaps WILL NOT expose all answers or possibilities that exist within the game. Your time and effort are rewarded with a richer experience — the more you put in, the more you get out.
Private Investigator Michelle Gray has assigned you to investigate another puzzling mystery. Just4Fun, a boy band from the early 2000s, planned to hold a reunion concert after years apart. During one of the rehearsals, Jake Morgan, the band’s frontman, died in a tragic stage accident. A Just4Fun superfan named Shannon Murphy believes that Jake was murdered, and she’s willing to do anything to help you solve this case. What will happen when you start to uncover Just4Fun’s scandalous history?
- Dedicate a space to sift through evidence.
- Organize your evidence with a Murder Board.
- Gather your resources: pens, highlighters, notebooks, and other investigative tools.
- Be sure to hold on to every piece of evidence—you never know when a new clue might help to recontextualize something you’ve already seen!
- Examine everything: Documents: Read through detailed documents, ranging from forensic reports to handwritten correspondences. Physical Evidence: Examine unique objects connected to the crime. Digital Elements: Continue your investigation online with in-story websites.
- To complete an episode:
- Your contact will give you an objective to complete each episode. To communicate that you’ve completed this assignment, and to share your findings, send her a message through the in-story website.
- In her letter, she will ask you to put a specific answer to the objective in the body of the message you send. Be sure to do this to complete the episode!
- After sending your message, you should receive a response within the website. It will tell you if you successfully completed the objective or if you need to try again.
Each episode ends with your action to piece together another aspect of the overall mystery. In Starstruck, this isn’t just about finding evidence and eliminating suspects. You’ll be called upon to uncover all aspects of the case – including the suspects’ secrets and their relationships to Jake Morgan, as well as to one another. Follow your contact’s assignments to advance the investigation, but examine every document closely to reveal the full story of Just4Fun.
If you send your contact an incorrect answer, don’t worry! Your contact will reply to you with suggestions to help you advance your investigation.
For help with specific puzzles and codes you encounter in an episode, visit the Hints page. Click on the “Hints” for spoiler-free tips on solving ciphers and puzzles in each episode, or expand the “Reveals” to find explanations of the coded messages.
You can also visit the Recaps page for each episode to receive a walkthrough of how to achieve the overall objective of each episode.