Hunt A Killer Referral Program Terms & Conditions
Qualified Referral. A Qualified Referral is defined as a purchase made at www.huntakiller.com by a person (a "Referred Customer") who arrives to our website by clicking your Refer-a-Friend program link. You are limited to one Qualified Referral for each Referred Customer; in other words, additional/repeat purchases made by a Referred Customer are not counted as additional Qualified Referrals. The referral program is only applicable to subscription products. Specifically, this program applies to Hunt A Killer 1, 6, and 12 month subscription plans, not to any premium boxes, box sets, or any other products sold on the website.
Referred Customer. The Referred Customer and the Referrer cannot be the same person for example, by using a different email address.
Referral Rewards. For you to earn referral rewards as a Referrer, the Referred Customer must complete an order of a subscription box.
Reward Payments. Rewards are payable in increments of $15 and are paid out 10 days after the referred friend makes their purchase of a subscription.
Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to individuals only. Hunt A Killer’s Refer-a-Friend Program cannot be used by businesses for affiliate lead generation as determined in Hunt A Killer’s sole discretion. Hunt A Killer wants you to share your referral code and earn Referral Rewards, but referral codes must be used only for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your referral code only with people you know.
No Spam. You must comply with all up-to-date “SPAM” laws. For example, emails must be created and distributed in a personal manner and bulk email distribution is strongly discouraged. Any distribution of your referral link that could constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate termination of your account and exclusion from Hunt A Killer’s Refer-a-Friend program.
Right to Close Accounts. Hunt A Killer reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referrer and/or Referred Customer and to request proper payment if the Referrer and/or Referred Customer attempts to use the Hunt A Killer Refer-a-Friend program in a questionable manner or breaches any of these Terms & Conditions or is in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation.
Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms. Hunt A Killer reserves the right to cancel the Refer-a-Friend Program or to change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed referral rewards will be forfeited at that time. Hunt A Killer also reserves the right to revoke any referrer/inviter's or referee/invitee's ability to participate in any referral program or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee/invitee), abuse, or any violation of these Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS EXIST BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH IS A CONTRACT—READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE A RELEASE FROM YOU, AND A LIMITATION OF CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. THE REFERRAL JANUARY 2021 SWEEPSTAKES (THE "SWEEPSTAKES") IS HOSTED BY GNOMISH HAT INC. DBA HUNT A KILLER (“HAK” OR “SPONSOR”), HAVING A CORPORATE ADDRESS OF 921 E. FORT AVE. STE 100, BALTIMORE, MD, 21230. THE PRIZES FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED BY HAK.
ENTRANT'S ("YOUR," "YOU," OR "ENTRANT") REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THESE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- This Sweepstakes is open to all natural persons who are legal residents physically residing in the fifty (50) United States (void in Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, or who meet the relevant jurisdiction's minimum age requirement. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate families, household members, agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor are not eligible to enter. The Winner (defined below) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and birth date to receive the Prize (defined below).
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes (all times are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Start Date of Sweepstakes: 01/17/2021, 23:59 PM
End Date of Sweepstakes: 01/31/2021 23:59 PM
- Entry: Complete the following during the Sweepstakes Period, to be entered into the Sweepstakes:
Entrant must: (i) either (a) click on the “Start Sharing” button in Sponsor’s promotional email or (b) go directly to Sponsor’s page at https://www.huntakiller.com/refer-a-friend (the “Invite Page”); (ii) enter the Entrant’s email address to launch the Sponsors “Share Platform”; and (iii) use the Share Platform to invite friends and family via Email, Messenger, and/or Facebook to join HAK or purchase HAK’s products and services (the “Invite”). Upon sending an Invite, an Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entry(ies)”). The Invite must be generated directly from the Share Platform on the Invite Page. Invites that are sent other than using the Share Platform and Invite Page will be void for purposes of entering the Sweepstakes.
Free Alternate Method of Entry Form: To enter without sending invite, fill out and submit this form within the Sweepstakes Period and provide your complete name, phone number, address (including zip code) and email address to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Incomplete or unintelligible Entries may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Limit ten (10) Entries per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of total number of Invites Entrant makes. Sponsor will not be required to verify receipt of Entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for Entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address for purposes of entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrant cannot be the same person that sends and receives an Invite (i.e. you cannot send yourself an Invite if you have multiple email addresses). Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated Entries and of the person/account responsible for such Entries.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on how many Entries are received.
- Prize: One (1) Winners will win the following:
Double Season pass of a Hunt A Killer Subscription Approximate Retail Value: $300 USD
The Prize will be delivered to the confirmed Winner’s valid email address or U.S. postal address.
- Terms and conditions of the Prize apply. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the Prize, and the Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. There will be no refund for unused portions of the Prize, if applicable. No compensation or alternative to the Prize will be offered due to inability to attend, claim or use the Prize or due to any delay on the part of the Winner(s); provided, however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater monetary value. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Winner Selection: Within thirty (30) days following the Sweepstakes End Date, one (1) winner will be selected at random from all eligible Entries (“Winner(s)”). The number of Entries you submit increases the chances of getting picked at random as the potential Winner. The Winner shall be the person whose email account was used to submit the winning Entry into the Sweepstakes, and an Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) directly to the email and/or mailing address provided by an Entrant in his or her Entry to the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Notification: The potential Winner will be contacted by email within ten (10) business days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. In additional to complying with the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the potential Winner will be required to do the following as qualifying criteria of the Sweepstakes that must be met in order to receive the Prize: respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility and claim the Prize by providing your name, email address, mailing address, and date of birth. Allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery of your Prize. Except where the prize is time-sensitive, in which case no alternate Winner will be drawn, if a potential Winner fails to respond to Sponsor's notification, declines to accept the Prize, or fails to meet the qualifying criteria listed above, such potential Winner may be disqualified, and an alternative Winner may be selected through an additional random draw, up to three times until a potential Winner satisfies all criteria to obtain the Prize. Other restrictions may apply, and an Entrant or potential Winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes if he or she fails to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion.
- Winner(s) shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state, and local taxes associated with Prize receipt and/or use. If required by Sponsor, the Winner must complete and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 that reflects Winner's Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number. The Winner may receive from Sponsor an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Unless prohibited by applicable law, the acceptance of the Prize by Winner constitutes the Winner's permission for Sponsor to use Winner's name, address, biographical information, and testimonials for advertising and/or publicity purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes only, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, and without further compensation to Winner.
- Winner publication: The names and locations of confirmed Winner(s) will be available for two (2) years after the end of the Sweepstakes Period by sending a written request (must be made by writing your name and address on a 3"x 5" card, with proper postage affixed to an envelope or pre-paid shipping) and mailed to the Sponsor address at 921 E. Fort Ave. Ste. 100, Baltimore, MD 21230.
- Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider may apply.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, or late Entries, or Entries not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for Entries delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or void any Entry or Prize award to any Entrant who corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or is otherwise in violation of any law or of these Terms and Conditions. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means in order to increase Entries into the Sweepstakes in a manner that is not consistent with the spirit of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If, for the reasons set forth in Section 16, or other reasons outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes cannot be run or administered as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law), and Sponsor shall post a notice on the Sweepstakes on its website to such effect. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes for any reason that Sponsor believes in good faith is fair to the Entrants.
- Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor and which prevents the Sponsor from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Sponsor will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. By submitting an Entry or receipt of any Prize, each Entrant and the applicable Winner(s) agrees to indemnify, release, reimburse, and hold harmless Sponsor, prize providers, applicable social media companies (including Facebook, Inc.), and each of their respective partners, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, agents, successors, assigns or representatives (collectively, "Releasees") from any claim, cause of action, or liability arising out of or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities to the extent permitted by law; including, but not limited to any alleged violation of any applicable anti-spam law such as the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Releasees do not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind regarding any Prize, including any warranty of fitness or merchantability, or representation with respect to the function or operation of the Prize. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, INC.
- Releasees shall not be liable for any electronic miscommunications or failures, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes, technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes, technical hardware or software failures of any kind with respect to the Prize or the Sweepstakes, or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize. If for any reason an Entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes if it is possible.
- Entrant(s) and Winner have been given a full opportunity to review and analyze these Terms and Conditions and fully and completely understand all the terms of these Terms and Conditions. ENTRANT(S) AND WINNER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A COMPLETE RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OF ALL CLAIMS AND RIGHTS AGAINST THE RELEASEES, AND THAT NO ACTION WILL BE TAKEN BY OR ON BEHALF WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CLAIMS OR RIGHTS, IT BEING UNDERSTOOD THAT THE RELEASE CONTAINED HEREIN SHALL BE BINDING UPON ENTRANT(S)' AND/OR WINNER(S)' HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS, AND ANYONE CLAIMING BY OR THROUGH ENTRANT(S) OR WINNER(S).
- Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prizes awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. This Sweepstakes and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Maryland law without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of Baltimore, Maryland for any dispute or litigation arising out from or relating to this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
For every episode of Hunt A Killer we deliver, we will help fund the cold case efforts at Cold Case Foundation.