This resource is designed to encourage your progress through the season on an episode-by-episode basis. If you find yourself stuck at any point in an episode, you can access that episode’s Hints, Reveals, and Solutions page to get back on track.
How To Use
Select the episode number you’re working on (found on your box’s inventory card).
Use the password from your inventory card to gain access.
Navigate to the section that contains the information you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for a quick refresher on the story so far, navigate to the RECAP section.
If you’re looking for spoiler-free help on a code or puzzle, navigate to the HINTS section.
If you’re looking for the answer to a code or puzzle, navigate to the REVEALS section.
If you want to make sure that you’ve discovered everything in the box, navigate to the INVENTORY, HIDDEN ITEMS, AND HIDDEN TEXT section.
If you’re having trouble reading a handwritten document or require audio captioning, navigate to the ACCESSIBILITY section.
If you would like a step-by-step walkthrough of the episode’s solution, navigate to the SOLUTION section.
Keep in mind that the game has layers. These episode hints and reveals WILL NOT expose all answers or possibilities that exist within the game. Your time and effort will be rewarded with a richer experience — the more you put in, the more you get out.
Murder on Ice
World-renowned skating coach Nathan LaPalma has been found with his throat slit by the blade of an ice skate shortly before a high-stakes national skating competition was set to begin. LaPalma’s devastated former pupil Sofia de la Torre needs your help to uncover the tangled web of corruption, resentment, and lies that led to LaPalma’s death and to discover the identity of the killer before they strike again.
- Dedicate a space to sift through evidence.
- Organize your evidence with a Murder Board.
- Gather your resources: pens, highlighters, notebooks, and other investigative tools.
- Be sure to hold on to every piece of evidence—you never know when a new clue might help to recontextualize something you’ve already seen!
- Examine everything:
- Read through detailed documents, ranging from forensic reports to handwritten correspondences.
- Examine unique objects connected to the crime.
- Continue your investigation online with in-story websites.
- To complete an episode:
- Your contact will give you an objective to complete each episode. To communicate that you’ve completed this assignment and to share your findings, follow the instructions at the end of her letter to send her a message.
- In her letter, she will ask you to put a specific answer to the assignment in the body of the correspondence. Be sure to do this! If you don’t, your message might get lost.
- After sending your message, you should receive a response from your contact confirming if you were correct or if you need to try again.